Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Puto Lanson or Puto Kamoteng Kahoy

 


One of the best snacks at our farm where cassava is abundant. This is very simple and easy to make that is why it is common at our farm where I grew up. I love this kind of puto, an original Ilonggo delicacy.

Ingredients for 4 servings:
4 cups grated cassava
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Brown sugar or  mascuvado
grated coconut ( optional)

Procedure:
1. By using a cheese cloth squeeze the juice out of the grated cassava, until totally removed.

2. Combine the cassava and 5 tablespoons sugar, then mix will.
 3. Prepare the molders, I used an empty can of tuna. I put 3/4 full because this is so thick if I will make it full.
Empty can of tuna, I made holes so that the steam can pass through.
4. Sprinkle the molders with brown sugar or mascuvado then put the cassava mixture and steam for 20 minutes or until done.
Sprinkled with mascuvado

5. Serve hot with grated coconut or margarine. :-).







5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like! I like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fave! im going to try this for our potluck this saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going to make it today..is Saturday September 21,2019.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use frozen cassava? How many packs equivalent compare to fresh cassava. Do u have to wrap it in banana leaves while cooking or after?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog