Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ginataang Sigarilyas


I picked some winged beans or sigarilyas from my sister's garden today, it's so fresh that's why I was tempted to picked it but of course I asked her permission. I cooked it and gave her some and she said it's yummy. 
Carabansos in Visayan dialect.

Ingredients for 4 servings:

1/2 kilo winged beans ( sliced and cleaned)
1 small onion
1 teaspoon ginger strips
1 1/2 cup thin coconut milk
3/4 cup pure coconut milk
1 tablespoon shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
salt if needed



winged beans-sigarilyas
Procedure:
1. In a pan put the thin coconut milk, onion, ginger and shrimp paste then bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. When boiling add the winged beans (sigarilyas) then stir and simmer until half cooked. Add salt  if needed, then add the pure coconut milk and simmer until done.



3. Serve it hot with rice and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog