Friday, January 23, 2015

Ginataang Gulay


This is the vegetable dish that I always let my mom cook at our farm during my younger days, because for me this is so yummy, the coconut milk makes the taste so creamy and yummy. I learned this from her.

Ingredients for 10 servings
250 grams any fish of your choice ( cleaned and fried)
500 grams squash
250 grams eggplant 
250 grams string beans
1 bunch talbos ng camote
6 okra pods
1 bunch of malunggay ( cleaned)
3 cups thin coconut milk
1 cup thick coconut milk
onion
ginger
salt to taste

Procedure:
1. In a pot put the ginger, fried fish  and 3 cups coconut milk then bring to a boil.
2. Add the squash then simmer until almost half cooked then add the string beans, eggplant and okra then simmer and add the green leafy vegetables, simmer until almost done.
3. Add the  thick coconut milk, salt to taste then simmer until cooked.
4. Serve it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog