Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Onion Rings



I always like onion rings, but sometimes onion rings at restaurants are not that good, their batter is lumpy. I always look for the crispness of onion rings. I cook it every now and then but sometimes when it is already cold the crispness disappeared. So I searched what is good for it to retain the crispness and I found out the secret, and I want to share it to all of you.

Ingredients for 3-4 servings
2 big onions ( Sliced into rings)
1 cup flour for batter
soda water (the secret)
a dash of salt and pepper
Onions sliced into rings

Procedure:
1. In a bowl put 1 cup of flour and pour slowly the soda water, just calculate how sticky the batter should be
2. Add the salt and pepper, mix well.
3. Dip the onion in the batter then deep fry it until golden brown. (Make sure that the oil is very hot)
4.Serve hot.


This is good as a side dish or snack. I am sure everybody will love it.

2 comments:

  1. what is soda water? is it sprite ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is also called sparkling water but its not Sprite, you can replace soda water with beer. It's better than Sprite.

      Delete

Search This Blog