Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Es kacang hijau

This is a very popular snack in Indonesia and Malaysia , I had one bowl of it when I went to Penang, Malaysia in 2007. If I could turn back time I will really take a picture of that moment so that I can share it in my blog, but who knows that I will have a blog in 2011? :-). Oh well, since I like that snack and it is easy to make, here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
1/4 kilo monggo
2 glasses coconut milk
1 teaspoon ginger (strips)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
ice

Monggo or mungbean

Procedure:
1. Cook the monggo until it is very tender like a porridge (lugaw)
2. Put the sugar, salt and ginger continue cooking for few minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk and simmer for few minutes
4. Turn off the heat, let it cool
5. Serve in a bowl and put some ice. Enjoy your snack:-)

I remember when I was young my mom made like this for me, she used milk and without ice , but it is almost the same as this one, that's why when I saw this at the restaurant in Malaysia, I ordered one serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog