Saturday, November 5, 2011

Paksiw na Pata ( Pork hocks stewed in vinegar)


I cooked this because one of my friends has requested for this recipe. I remember when I was young I always tell my father to cook this for me, because I like it a lot, but now that I am more than 30  years old I haven't had it for a long time, well it is delicious specially if the meat is so tender mmmmmm so irresistible!

Ingredients:
 1 kilo pork leg (pata)
    8 cloves garlic (crushed)
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1 cup vinegar
    1/2 cup banana blossoms (bulaklak ng saging)
    3 cups water
    salt and pepper to taste
 

Procedure:
1. In a pot put the garlic, pata, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper then allow to simmer, until the color of the soy sauce is absorbed in the meat.
3. Add the water and cover, simmer until it is tender stirring occasionally
4. Add the banana blossoms and simmer until it is done.
5. Serve it with rice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog