Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thai Fried Chicken

I missed the days when I was in Bangkok, Thailand. Walking along the streets, passing along food booths, smelling the aroma from their cooking, sometimes I even sneeze when I breathed the peppery smell in the air. Mmmmmm it tempted my taste buds to eat something, since I'm hungry from my work, I do not want to cook when I arrive at my place so I always buy something to eat before heading home and most of the time I have the thai fried chicken because I liked the crispy garlic on it. They use the middle part of the chicken wings for this, 10 thai baht is enough for me, munching the fried chicken while I am walking, until I reached my destination. ( around 15 minutes walk) :-). Here is the recipe for it.

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo chicken
1/4 cup fish sauce (patis)
juice from 1 lemon or 4 calamansi
 1/4 teaspoon Mono sodium glutamate ( vetsin)
5 cloves garlic (crushed)

Procedure:
1. Toast the garlic and set aside
2. In a bowl mix the chicken, fish sauce, lemon juice and vetsin set aside for an hour
3. Deep fried until golden brown
4. Serve it hot and sprinkled with toasted garlic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog