Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicken Sinigang


Today is not so hot in my place because it rained in the morning , taht is why I cooked chicken sinigang for lunch. It was not planned to cook sinigang today so I just used what is available in the refrigerator. Anyway it is important that the soup of this dish will be very 100 % real sinigang :-) so for me no matter if the vegetables that you add are the original ingredients or not. I used only what is available too lazy to go to the market, but it is still yummy and I am satisfied. Here is the recipe.


Ingredients:
1/2 kilo chicken
1 small radish
2 cups dandelion leaves (can be replaced with any green leafy vegetable for sinigang)
thumb size ginger
1 onion
1 litre water
1 small pack sinigang mix ( Tamarind powder)

 Procedure:
1.Saute the ginger then onion
2. Add the chicken and braise for a while then add the water.
3. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally until the chicken meat is cooked.
4. Add the radish and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the dandelion leaves simmer for a minute then add the sinigang mix.
6. Simmer for another minute then serve.

2 comments:

  1. where i can buy dandelion leaves and whats local names

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try to find at the organic vegetable sections at the supermarkets, the one that I used is from my mom's garden, also dandelion- you can replace it with any green leafy vegetable that you like for sinigang.

      Delete

Search This Blog