Monday, April 23, 2012

Spicy Salmon Head Stewed in Vinegar



Mmmmmmmm I know to some people this recipe is gross, but sorry folks I need to post this. This is really super hot and delicious, the chilli paste makes the soup reddish. Actually I cooked 10 salmon heads for this, but I forgot to take a photo, I am lucky that after eating there are 3 left, and I decided to post it here. So here is my recipe for this. I will base my recipe for 3-4 servings.

Actually I am lazy to post a blog now but I am talking to my friend Edith of Kansan U.S.A and she do not believe that I can eat the head of the fish lol, I asked her if she will check the recipe if I will post it and she said yes, so here we go :-)

Ingredients:
2 salmon heads ( cut into halves and gills removed, clean properly)
1/2 teaspoon chili paste
100 grams chopped cayenne or jalapeno pepper ( siling haba)
3/4 cup vinegar
thumb size garlic ( crushed)
6 cloves garlic (crushed)
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1. In a pot put all the ingredients and bring to boil.
2. Once it is starting to boil turn the heat into low level and continue the process for 45 minutes without stirring it, just cover the pot and make sure that the flavor will be absorbed in the fish by using a ladle scoop the soup and pour over the fish every now and then until the cooking process is finish.
3. Once finish serve it hot.

2 comments:

Search This Blog