Sunday, June 3, 2012

Clam Soup


It is almost winter here in my place( South America). Cold weather always makes me craving for soup, but not the instant soup in the supermarkets, I want something simple and natural. I am lucky that when I went to the market I saw fresh clams. I bought half a kilo for my soup recipe which my mom always cook for us during rainy season in the Philippines. Here is the simple recipe for it.

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo clams
thumb size ginger
5 cups water
1/4 kilo spring onion
4 cayenne or jalapeno pepper ( siling haba)
1/2 cup parsley ( optional)
salt to taste


Procedure:
1. In a pot put the water, ginger, chilli and the white part of the spring onion, then bring to boil.
2.  When it is boiling add the clams and simmer for 5 minutes.


 3. Add the salt and the rest of the ingredients, simmer for a minute.
4. Serve it hot. Enjoy your clam soup. :-)


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great starter pack for winter. I would love to have this soup in my Discounted Oodie. Looking forward to enjoy my winter 2021.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog