Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Simple Biko


Biko is an all time favorite rice dish of my family it is made from sticky or glutinous rice with coconut milk and sugar, I just  add some  garnishing to my biko because my Portuguese friends are not familiar with it, so I made it look attractive for them  by sprinkling it with sesame seeds and putting it with cashew nuts :-).

Ingredients:
4 cups glutinous rice
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
5 cups coconut milk

Procedure:
1. Cooked the sticky rice then set aside.
2. Then in a pot combine the coconut milk and sugar over medium heat stirring constantly until it boils.
3. Continue stirring until the coconut milk and sugar mixture thickens (latik), almost caramelize.
4. Add in the sticky rice and mix evenly, continue cooking until you reach the desired texture for your biko.
5. Serve it plain or with garnish like what I did. :-)


Brown sugar is not available when I cooked this, that is why I used white sugar.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites! I miss eating "latik" hehe

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog