Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Beef Eggplant


A delicious eggplant and beef recipe that I copied from my Chinese friend in Thailand, when I was in there, some few years ago, I always request this dish from my Chinese friend who is an expert of this, she said the original recipe for this is really spicy. In this recipe I omitted the chilli paste. You can put some if you are a hot and spicy food lover.

Ingredients:
200 grams beef ( cut thinly)
500 grams eggplant
4 cloves garlic
2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce

Procedure
1. Boil the beef until tender and cut thinly, then save the broth(sabaw) because we will be using it later.
2. Saute the garlic then add the beef and soy sauce simmer for few minutes then add the broth and bring to boil.
3. Once boiling, increase the heat then add the eggplant, stir until cooked.
4. Add the oyster sauce and simmer for 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
5.Sprinkle with spring onion and serve it hot.

If oyster sauce and hoisin sauce are not available just add more soy sauce and a little sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog