Monday, February 11, 2013

Ginisang Gulay


This is one of my favorite dishes  since I was young ginisang gulay or sauted mixed vegetables, because fresh vegetables are abundant in our farm, but for green leaves we have swamp cabbage ( kangkong) and not watercress, but here in my place watercress is all I can have because they do no have kangkong at the market. I still enjoy this dish even if I can not get the original ingredients.

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo pork
1/2 kilo squash
6 pieces scarlet eggplants
10 pieces okra
1 bunch of watercress
3 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
2 cups water

Procedure:
1. Saute the garlic and onion then add the pork and braise it, then simmer for few minutes.
2. Add the soy sauce and simmer for a minute then add the water and bring to boil.
3. Add the squash and simmer for 2 minutes, then add the eggplant and okra, mix well and simmer until tender.
4. Add the watercress, salt and pepper to taste, simmer until cooked.
5. Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog