Friday, March 15, 2013

Arroz Caldo




If I want something heavy for my snack or breakfast I prepared arroz caldo, easy to digest and an energizer to start your day right. I learned to cook this since I was 12 years old, so now I am an expert in cooking this dish. My self proclamation lol.

Ingredients:
2 cups rice
1 onion
1/4 kilo chicken
1/2 cup fish sauce (patis)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
ginger  ( around 3 inches) sliced into strips
salt  to taste

water that is enough to make the arroz caldo soupy until it is cooked.


Procedure:
1. Saute the ginger and onion
2. Add the chicken and braise for a while, then add the fish sauce and ground pepper then simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the rice and saute for few minutes allowing the flavor of the fish sauce to penetrate. Cover and simmer.
4. After few minutes of simmering add water that is enough to make the arroz caldo soupy until it is cooked.
5. Garnish it before serving. Mmmmmmm very yummy!


1 comment:

Search This Blog