1 cup rice
200 grams boiled and tender ox tripe ( tuwalya ng baka)
1/4 cup ginger strips
3 stalks spring onions
salt and pepper to taste
fish sauce( patis=optional)
1 litre of water or more
1/4 cup toasted garlic
1. Saute the ginger and onion until brownish then add the pre-cooked ox tripe then simmer for few minutes.
2. Add the rice, fish sauce, salt and pepper then simmer for few minutes.
3. Add the water, then cover ( stirring constantly so that the rice will not stick at the bottom of the pot).
4. Continue simmering until the rice is so tender making the porridge thick in texture. Add more water if necessary.
5. Serve it hot with minced spring onion and toasted garlic.
You can add some hard boiled eggs and crushed pork crackling( chicharon)