Monday, March 11, 2013

Nilagang Pata A la Pochero


I am longing for my father's recipe of pochero (Visayan version) but unluckily all the ingredients were not available at my place so I decided to cook it this way, it's like bulalo but made of pork's hocks. What do you think of this dish? Well I am not biased but it is yummy! Here is my recipe for it.

Ingredients:
700 grams pork hocks ( pata)
2 banana (saba)
1 onion
thumb size ginger ( crushed)
 1 bundle pechay or bok choy
1 corn
siling haba
water ( enough to make the meat tender)
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1. In a pot put the onion, ginger, chilli, and pork hocks, cover and cook over medium heat until the meat will produce its own juice, allow to simmer for few minutes until the pinkish color of the meat is gone.
2. Add salt and pepper then simmer for 5 minutes, add the water and simmer until the meat is tender.
3. Add the corn then simmer for 5 minutes, then add the banana and simmer until cooked.
4. Add the pechay and simmer until cooked.Finalize the taste then turn off the heat.
5. Serve it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog