1 kilo pork leg sliced(pata)
2 tablespoons black beans or tausi
8 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
3 pcs. star anise
2 tablespoons sugar
ground pepper according to your taste
3 cups pork broth( sabaw sa pinagpakuluan ng pata)
1. Boil the pork hocks until tender then put little salt and set aside.
2. Saute the garlic and anion then add the black beans and simmer.
3. Add the pre-cooked pork hocks, star anise, oyster sauce and sugar then mix well and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add the pork broth and bring to boil, once boiling let simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat, allowing all the flavors to infuse the put ground pepper.
5. Increase the heat when the cooking is almost done, to make the sauce thick.
6. Turn off the heat and serve hot with rice.:)
You can adjust the ingredients according to your taste