Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Talbos ng Sayote with Hipon


I visited some friends and they have sayote planted in their garden, the moment I saw it, my eyes were sparkling because it's been a long time that I wanted to cook the sayote tops ( talbos ng sayote) and I was not expecting that I will find it at their backyard. I asked permission if I can get the leaves and cook it for them, of course they allowed me. This is one of the vegetable dishes that I love so much, green and delicious :-)

Ingredients:
Talbos ng sayote
shrimps
4 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Sayote fruit and sayote tops

Procedure:
1. Clean the sayote tops by cutting it to your desired length then remove the matured skin, then wash and set aside.
2. Saute the garlic until brownish, then add the shrimps and simmer for a minute, then add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Increase the heat to high before adding in the sayote tops to avoid it from turning to grey, stir fry the leaves until cooked then turn off the heat.

4. Serve it hot.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I LOVE THIS!!! I LOVE THIS!!! :)
    DID I SAY I LOVE THIS? HEHE. SUPER THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, yup, yup! I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this is really good, as usual! Thank you for this healthy food.

    Question: Mely, what other talbos or leafy veggies can we use for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog