This is the easiest way of cooking beef "nilaga" or Stew. Stewing in Asia is different from other continents. Stewing specially in Philippines use only plain water or rice washing without putting any soup thickening ingredients, like tomato sauce. Simple and easy to prepare but delicious.
1/2 kilo beef
1/4 kilo cabbage or pak choi
1 small size onion
2 medium size potaoes
a pinch of whole black pepper
thumb size ginger
8 glasses rice washing
dash of salt.
1. In a pot put the rice washing, ginger, onion, black pepper and let it boil.
2. Put the beef and simmer until the meat is tender.
3. Add the potatoes then cover until it's cook.
4. Add the cabbage, and spring onion simmer for 1 minute.
5. Dash with salt then turn off the heat and serve. :-)