728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest Post

    Copyright by Mely Maravilla 2011, all rights reserved. Theme images by RBFried. Powered by Blogger.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013

    Biko



    One of my favorite Filipino dainties or kakanin, an all time favorite of my family. I copied the for sale version when I served it. You can sell it like this.

    Ingredients for 4 servings:
    3 cups glutinous rice (malagkit)
    3 cups thick coconut milk
    2 cups thin coconut milk
    2  cups brown sugar
    1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
    wilted banana leaves ( cut into circle)

    Procedure:
    1.  Cook the glutinous rice with thin coconut milk.
    2. While waiting for the rice to be cooked, let us prepare the sweetener or latik for our biko by mixing the sugar and thick coconut milk and cook over medium heat until thick or latik na.
    .
    3. Pour in the cooked glutinous rice and combine well until mixed evenly. Continue to stir until done.
    4. By using a lid or cover from a jar, form the biko into circles and put over the banana leaves.
    Banana leaves and lid from a jar
    5. When you are finish serve it or you can sprinkle it with sesame seeds then serve with a smile :-).

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    8 comments:

    1. Hmmm!!! One of my favorites, reminds me of home...thanks for posting! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. U can add old kalabada when boiling the coconut milk. This is what my mom do. Kapampangan way u will love it po

      ReplyDelete
    3. U can add old kalabasa when boiling the coconut milk. This is what my mom do. Kapampangan way u will love it po

      ReplyDelete
    4. When you say thin coconut milk, is it the same as light coconut milk?

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ohhhh, my kind of dessert. I was just telling my friend the other day that I felt like eating this. TFS Kris. Gotta try this one. YUM!!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ohhhh, my kind of dessert. I was just telling my friend the other day that I felt like eating this. TFS Kris. Gotta try this one. YUM!!!

      ReplyDelete

    Item Reviewed: Biko Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Mely
    Scroll to Top