728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest Post

    Copyright by Mely Maravilla 2011, all rights reserved. Theme images by RBFried. Powered by Blogger.
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013

    Nasturtium Salad


    This is Nasturtium a Latin name for this adorable plant which means "nose twister". This edible plant is native to South and Central America. My friend grow this in her backyard, when I visited her last week, she showed me her garden and picked the flowers of this and ate it. I was surprised! She laughed so hard at my reaction because my eyes grew big and I said "what are you doing?" She said this is edible, try it, I tried and wow it tasted so good, peppery and minty. When I came back home. I researched about it and I was more amazed with the health benefits of this plant. Check this link for its health benefits and uses. I made a salad and here is the recipe.

    Ingredients:
    leaves of Nasturtium
    flowers of Nasturtium
    lime or lemon juice
    Olive oil
    salt to taste

    Nusturtium Plant
    Procedure:
    1. Wash the leaves and flower properly then arrange in a serving platter.
    2. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
    3. Serve with a smile :-).

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    4 comments:

    1. Great blog! The information you provide is quiet helpful. Get the finest benefits of organic food supplements as well as health and nutrition tips. Buy Organic Food Bars from $1.91 to $2.41 per bar delivered!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks a lot for dropping by and for leaving a comment I appreciate it a lot.

        Delete
    2. Wow! I hope I can try this out someday :), very insteresting.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Look around in your place maybe its there somewhere :-) if none....... someday, God willing.

        Delete

    Item Reviewed: Nasturtium Salad Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Melys Kitchen
    Scroll to Top