Friday, August 2, 2013

Puto Cheese


I love puto since I was young, and now I am glad that I can make it by myself . I thought it's difficult to do but I was wrong, because it is easy and ingredients are not hard to find. Have fun making it.

Ingredients for 6 servings:
2 cups all purpose  flour
pinch of  salt
1 1/2  tablespoon  baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh milk
200 grams  cheese
1/2 cup grated coconut (optional)

Procedure:
1. Sift the first four ingredients then add the milk and combine well until fully mixed.
2. Pour in  the molders around 3/4 full because as the puto are cooking it will rise and expand.
3. Steam for 10 minutes or until done, then put the cheese and continue to steam until melted, then remove from the steamer and allow to cool, before unmolding it.
4. Serve it plain or sprinkle with shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog