Sunday, November 24, 2013

Bulcaching


During my college days ( Davao City)I remembered one eatery near my school where my friends and I used to eat because of their dish which they called "BULCACHING" the soup is really addicting, it is a combination of  beef shank and ox feet cooked until it i very tender, one of the food server said it's a combination of bulalo and balbacua, I am craving for that soup that's why I tried cooking it and wow gotcha! Yummy! You can try it too and see it for yourself.

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo beef shank
1/2 kilo ox feet ( paa ng baka)
1 onion
thumb size ginger ( crushed)
1 teaspoon whole black pepper
1/2 kilo Chinese cabbage or petsay
1/4 cup fish sauce ( patis)
water ( enough to make the meat tender and soupy)
chili ( siling haba)
Spring onion as needed
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1. In a pressure cooker put the onion, black pepper, ginger, fish sauce, chili, ox feet and beef shanks, then turn on the stove to medium heat and wait until it starts to simmer. Let simmer until the pinkish color of the meat is gone then mix well and simmer again for another 5 minutes.
2. after this process increase the heat then add the water and simmer  for 30 minutes (pressure cooker) or if pressure cooker is not available simmer it for 90 minutes or until tender.
3. When the meat is tender add the Chinese cabbage, spring onion, salt and pepper then simmer for a minute and turn off the heat.
4. Serve it hot.

2 comments:

  1. I missed Davao, :( try ko to para feeling ko nasa davao ako hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog