Goto is a kind of porridge in the Philippines with ox tripe that is cooked tenderly, making this porridge very delicious.
1 cup rice
1/4 kilo ox tripe ( tuwalya ng baka) (boiled and tender)
1/4 cup ginger strips
3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
7 cups water (add if needed)
hard boiled egg
chili flakes ( if you want it hot)
spring onion, etc.
|cleaned and tender ox tripe- tuwalya ng baka|
1. Saute the garlic, then ginger and onion until brownish then add the pre-cooked ox tripe then simmer for few minutes.
2. Add the rice, salt and pepper then simmer for few minutes.
3. Add the water, then cover, stirring constantly so that the rice will not stick at the bottom of the pot.
4. Continue simmering until the rice is so tender making the porridge thick in texture. Add more water if necessary.
5. When it is done, serve it hot with your toppings.