Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pork and Beans

I loved pork and beans when I was a kid, so today I gave it a try to cook pork and beans and it's really delicious. I am smiling while eating this good dish while remembering my childhood memories eating this with my childhood friends. Try this recipe, it's better than canned ones.

Ingredients for 10 servings:
1/2 kilo Speckled or kidney beans
1/2 kilo pork ( any part that you like to use)
3 cloves garlic
1 onion
salt and pepper to taste
water

Procedure:
1. Put the beans and water in a pan then boil until really tender. Make sure that the water 6 inches  above  the level of the beans. You can add water if necessary. When the beans are tender set aside.
2. Saute the garlic and onion then add the pork and simmer until cooked.
3. Add the beans, salt and pepper then simmer until the texture is perfect.
4. Serve it hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog