Friday, November 22, 2013
Pork Chop Sinigang
Sinigang is one of the best Filipino recipes. The taste is distinctively delicious and the vegetables in it goes perfectly with the soup’s flavor. This is the dish that is number 1 in my list because the flavor is just perfect!
1 kilo pork chop
1/4 kilo okra
1 onion ( sliced)
2 tomatoes ( sliced)
1 bunch swamp cabbage ( Kangkong)
8 cups water (add if necesssary
some cayenne pepper ( siling haba)
salt to taste
3/4 cup tamarind extract ( Boil 1/4 kilo of tamarind with 1 1/4 cup water then extract it)
1. In a pot, put the pork chop, onion and tomatoes then allow to simmer for few minutes .
2. Add the water and bring to a boil, then simmer until the meat is tender.
3. Increase the heat then add the okra and simmer until almost cook.
4. Add the kangkong and chili then simmer until cooked.
5. Add the tamarind extract and salt to taste.
6. Serve it hot.