Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Baked Pork Belly

This is just a sample recipe because I want to know if the result is ok if I will bake the pork belly instead of lechon kawali. I found out that it's just fine but still the lechon kawali is crispier, but for me this is ok and lesser oil too.

Ingredients for 2 servings:
1/4 kilo pork belly
salt and pepper to taste
water ( enough to cook the pork belly)

Procedure:
1. In a pot put the pork belly, water, salt and pepper then boil  the pork belly until tender, then set aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes then bake the pork belly for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

3. Sliced and serve it hot .

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but this is the second recipe i found where it doesn't mention the kind of container to cook the dish in. What kind cooking vessel/container do you put the boiled pork belly so you could bake it...a shallow container or one similar to a cake pan...would you recommend glass container or metal/stainless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry but I do not always mention what kind of container I use in baking/roasting meat, because people in different places have different baking/cooking ware, so it means any available ware for baking, can be used for this, no matter what size or shape or material. I used baking tray for this.

      Delete
  2. What a d*** question! Have you heard of cooking pots and pans? smh

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog