Friday, December 27, 2013

Bistek without Soy Sauce


I have lots of friends who do not use soy sauce for health reasons, and cooking a dish that calls for soy sauce to intensify the color of the meat so that it will not pale looking is a problem. I hope this problem will be ended today by following the technique that I used here by browning the onion which I learned from my friend Miss Sheru.

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo beef tenderloin ( sliced thinly)
3 tablespoons of calamansi or lemon juice
2 medium size onion ( 1 sliced into rings, 1 minced)
1/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1. Marinate the beef with the juice, salt and pepper for few hours, then remove, and reserve the marinade.
2. Fry the beef and set aside.
3. Saute the  minced onion until brownish then add the marinade to intensify its color and will make the sauce darker. Then add the water and simmer for 2 minutes.


4. Add the ring onion and fried beef then simmer until done. Serve hot with rice.


2 comments:

  1. I will try this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog...people who don't know to cook like me learned a lot

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog