Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bolinaw Inun-unan

Bolinaw is a Visayan term for anchovy (dilis) while Inun-onan is a Cebuano term for Paksiw. I do not like this viand before but everytime my older sister cooked this and encouraged me to eat because it is good for health, I obeyed her and I love eating this fish. Last week I remembered about anchovy and I researched about its health benefits and I felt grateful to my sister who taught me to eat anchovy. According to what I've read it's rich with omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, iron and other vitamins and minerals that is good is reducing the risk of hear diseases.
This is the reason why I cooked this today, enjoy this easy to cook nutritious fish dish.

Ingredients for 6 servings:
1/2 kilo bolinaw (anchovies)
thumb size ginger ( cut into strips)
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon peppercorn ( pamintang buo)
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
finger chili or siling haba
salt and pepper to taste
Bolinaw-anchovy

Procedure:
1. Put everything in a pot then cook over medium heat allowing to simmer until the soup almost dry then turn off the heat.

2. Serve it hot with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog