Baked macaroni is easy to prepare because the ingredients are easy to find, with elbow macaroni as its base ingredient. This is good for your special gatherings because it is affordable and delicious.
Ingredients for 20-25 servings:
1 kilo macaroni elbow ( cook according to its packaging procedure)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 onion (minced)
400 grams ground pork or beef
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 kilo tomato sauce
2 cups sweet banana ketchup
4 tablespoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste
250 ml all purpose cream ( Nestle or any brand)
2 cups quick melt cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Saute Garlic and onion then add the ground meat and saute until pinkish color of the meat is gone. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper then simmer for a minute.
2. Add the tomato sauce, banana ketchup and sugar then simmer for 10 minutes stirring every now and then over low fire.
3. Add the all purpose cream, cheddar cheese then check if it needs more salt and pepper to taste. simmer for a minute then remove from heat.
4. Add the cooked macaroni into the meat sauce then toss until it is mixed well. Then put in a baking dish then lastly put the quick melt or Mozarella cheese.
5.Pre-heat oven to 180C then bake the macaroni for 20 minutes or until done.
6. Remove from the oven, let cool before serving.