Sunday, February 8, 2015
Really yummy! Thanks be to God for baking this for us. Another delicious treat from the best baker in town :-). Mr. Gab.
1 ¼ cup & 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
½ cup of white Sugar
¼ cup of Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Baking Soda
2 tsp of Cinnamon
½ tsp of Salt
¼ tsp of Nutmeg
¾ cup of Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
1 tsp of Grated Orange Zest
1 ½ cups of Shredded/ Grated Carrots
½ cup of Raisins/ Walnuts Whatever you like.
For the frosting:
3 oz of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
2 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Lay the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
3) In a bowl toss together the carrots, raisins/ walnuts and the 1 Tbsp of flour until all of the carrots and raisins are coated with the flour.
4) In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Add the carrots and raisins/ walnuts and mix until they are well incorporated through the batter.
5) Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) When the cake is ready, let it cool in the pan for a few minutes but then take it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
7) Once the cake is completely cooled, make the frosting by simply mixing all of the ingredients together until you get a nice thick frosting. If you need to, add a little more water by the teaspoonful to get a spreadable frosting consistency.
8) Adorn the cake with the cream cheese frosting and let it set for a few minutes until the frosting begins to harden. Dig in whenever you like!
Contributed by: Gabriel Eli Ndegwa