Friday, June 8, 2018

Leche Flan with Calamansi





Calamansi or calamondin is a small citrus fruit that is very good for dipping sauce, juice, and the best for marinating, but today I will use it for my leche flan, because my sisters said it neutralizes the sweetness and remove the tangy smell of the egg yolks. It was proven after cooking :-). Try it. 


Ingredients: 
1 can (395grams) Condensed milk 
1 can evaporated or fresh milk (370ml) 
10 egg yolks 
2 tablespoons calamansi juice 
sugar 


 Procedure: 
 1. Combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk and eggyolks, mix well until evenly blended, then put the calamansi juice and mix well. 
2. Put the sugar in the molder then melt over medium heat, once melted set aside and let cool, then pour the leche flan mixture and steam for 20 minutes or until done. 
3. Refrigerate for an hour then sprinkle with calamansi zest before serving. Smile before eating :-).

4 comments:

  1. this is and easy cooking tips. Delicious, mouth watering foods. Bon Appétit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calamansi really works but what I did is I use lemon and a lemon zest. It gives additional flavor and taste to my leche flan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who discovered that calamansi or lemon can remove a tangy smell of eggyolk ? Pls answer my question for my research thankyou

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog